Friday, May 15, 2015

Ascension Thursday 2015, Friday

Today I went downtown to replace my current card with a Connect Card.  Turns out I was missing something.  Stopped in Macy's to leche vitrine
Yesterday I went to the 6.00 Mass for the Ascension.  Fr. Kris Stubna celebrated.  Choir practice followed, and Colin rehearsed the last 3 pieces with us.  Don with Doug had us celebrate with wine and cheese. 


~~~
Today, I ran into Nancy C-M in a hallway.  I picked up Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra tickets, went to the bank, and walked by the bicycle to work booths.  Saw Lily R there, who is bicycling and taking Gen Chem 2 this summer.  Walked back and took some photos along the way.  Showered (again) and Mom and Dad are getting ready for a memorial service for one of their neighbors. 

Went to a Service of Witness to the Resurrection for Marlin, who passed away the same day as the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.  And what a Titanic person!  Professor, teacher, researcher, inventor.  We arrived at the Presbyterian church in time to hear the strains of Sean O'Donnell piping on the front steps.  The program consisted of familiar classical and traditional chestnuts, from Christian prayer and musical repertoire.  It included
Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring played on solo violin
Amazing Grace sung by a tenor
Traumerai on solo violin and piano
Flor Peeters's Pater Noster in English, sung by the tenor

Remembrances
Scripture Readings, including a congregation reading of the 23rd Psalm,
A Meditation by Rev. Lynn M Portz, Associate Pastor of Shadyside Presbyterian Church
The Pater Noster recited/ read in English by the congregation.

We greeted Nancy after the service, said hello to the Fitzsimmons, and scooted to 12.05 Mass at the Cathedral, which was celebrated by Fr. Joe Freedy.  Ran into Dr. Aurora M, Malou and Bob, and EJ's parents there.  Mom and Dad and I took EJ's parents out for lunch at the Hokkaido buffet, as it is their 39th wedding anniversary.  Went home briefly, then met up with Debbie and Mijong at the Conflict Kitchen...Palestinian food (still).  We walked to Carnegie Mellon, and Mijong is going with me for gal's night out at the symphony.  Two more tickets remain!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home