Saturday, May 09, 2015

Friday and Saturday, Solomon and BB's musical presentations

Friday (yesterday) Mom and Dad, Les and Marissa and I went to Solomon's school to hear the first grade classes present "Welcome to Our Neighborhood."  Solomon portrayed an ant in "Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?" and then his class sang "C is for Cookie," after which they transitioned to the next class with "Who are the People in my Neighborhood."  A couple of other classes made musical presentations, and the Closing Song was  "I do not want to live on the Moon," which made me think of my 3-D artwork after a visit to the Carnegie Museum of Art a number of years ago.  The costuming was wonderful for all the productions, and we joined Solomon and his classmates for refreshments in their classroom afterwards.  Friday evening Debbie, Mijung, and I went to the Carnegie Science Awards, honoring innovation in science and technology.  Ran into Linda O who put a silent auction bid in for Segway tours!  Mijung reallee wanted a rustic chair, which ended up going to a CSC person!  Over the dessert I chatted with Danielle C, and her advisor.  Danielle is the Carnegie Mellon graduate student working on improving solar cells and generating hydrogen from light.  Chatted with Suvir M's (who won last year, as well)'s lab partner, Konrad (and his parents).  They are the senior high students who worked on text to image conversions for people with....  I forget.... O! aphasia.  Also met Ben B. from the Falk Laboratory School who explored the creative use of algae as biofuel.

Today (Saturday) Mom and I went shopping in Bloomfield.  We had a late lunch/early dinner ("lunner"/ "lupper") of fried chicken and fixings.  We joined William's family and Les and Cherie for Beatrice's piano recital.  She played Toccatina (Kabelevsky).  We gave BB two blosson pens and a hardcover rainbow blank book from Ireland.  We went to Pizza Fest in the park, and Mom and Dad and I were invited to eat some free pizza from Caliente on our way in...after which William wanted to join the Spak Brothers Pizza-Eating Contest.  Mom and I shook our heads sorrowfully, our bellies full after dinner and free pizza.  The kids walked about for a bit with William and Marissa, before we all headed to our respective homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home