Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wednesday, Thursday- Shopping and dinner at David and Barbara's place; Rachel Carson Reserve

Wednesday I went for a forty-minute walk in the morning, heading east first, then west.  In the afternoon Dad, Mom, Kyle, Kelly, and I went west to go shopping at Piggly Wiggly (oxtail!), a local produce stand, a Japanese/Asian mart, and to gas up the car.  We returned in time to unload our bounty and then head to join the rest at David and Barbara's place for dinner.  It was pescado tacos, camarones tacos, and all the fixings.  David and I spoke about color, art, science, pottery, and oil paint.


Thursday (this) morning, Barbara, Dad, Kyle, Kelly, and I joined seven more people in a boat to visit the Rachel Carson Nature Reserve.  Paula G drove the boat and Susan was our volunteer guide.  We spotted various sea birds, a group of feral horses, one lone feral male, and a male bachelor horse.  The other family was less birder-y and outdoorsy than we are, and much younger.  There was an opportunity to go to shore on a deck and observe the animals.  After the boat tour, we bought a sheepshead fish in Beaufort, returned back to Scott, Mom, and Fern only to find that our direction to "scale, gut, and de-gill the fish" was not followed at the fishmongers.  Mom made paksiw, which I helped her prepare, and had for lunch.  I helped her with the sun-dried laundry, took a nap, and prepared and drank an iced decaffeinated coffee with milk and honey.
~~~~~
Went for dinner with Mom and Dad in Swansboro and environs, grocery shopping afterwards  We started to prepare kare kare, corn on the cob, and other yummies.  Had sweet potato pie from Piggly Wiggly for dessert.  Everyone else returned in waves from David and Barbara's place.  Kelly and Kyle had  been looking during the blue moon for turtles hatching on the beach---no dice.
Did some blog writing and emailing before going to sleep @ ~ 23.00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home