Saturday, September 26, 2015

SATurday, SUNday- Up early, Grocery & Shopping, Grading; Papa Francisco

Up early to take care of online grading issues, and to drive Dad to his carpool to Philadelphia and Pope Francis/ Papa Francisco.
Mom and I delivered Dad to the Morningside neighborhood to meet his fellow Knights of Columbus on the journey to volunteer for the Papal Mass Sunday.
Mom and I went groceries & shopping, I got some online grading done, and then we watched at ~16.45 the Pope's visit to Independence Hall and delivery of his address at the podium Abraham Lincoln utilized for the Emancipation Proclamation.  He then had a visit to the Festival of the World Meeting of Families on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.  He went off script for his message then.  How exciting!!
~~~~~
SUNDAY
Today I walked across Fifth Avenue during the Great Race, and scanned an printed some items at Hillman Library's computer lab.  I was a tad late for choral practice, we sang Mass in the loft, and Mom and I went for Sushi Buffet in the North Hills for lunch.  We got home in time for the commencement of the 16.00 Mass of Pope Francis for the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.  We also received a voice message from Dad that he and his K Of C cohorts had spent three hours waiting in line, and it was two hours before the Mass started.  We looked for him under an umbrella, assisting to give communion.  Fr. Tim K and Bob Casey both were interviewed after the Mass on CNN.  I took video snippets from CNN HD and EWTN HD.
Time to get back to grading. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home