Sun through Wednesday in the first week of October 2016
SUN night was so exciting that I left my bag at my friend's house until this morning after Bible Study.
MON- I had physical therapy in the early afternoon, taught an introduction to watercolor class at the library near where Christina grew up. I met up with Christina for dinner at Panera, and then picked up Mom and Dad and was regaled by stories of their veneration of Father Seelo's wooden cross.
TUE- I paid a major bill, and we had burgers for lunch.
WED- It was back to Bible Study for me (Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time- Cycle C), and I was honored to read the Gospel for our group of 21 + an Oratorian + Fr. Drew.
The readings for this Sunday were to be:
2 Kgs 5:14-17
2 Tm 2:8-13
Lk 17:11-19
The First Reading and the Gospel reading pertain to cleansing leprous people. The discussion around the Gospel centered around the "theological journey" of Jesus and the Liturgical Resurrection of the one Samaritan (heretic?) leper who returned to speak to Jesus after he and nine others were cleansed and healed. Fr. Drew noted that there are only five times in Scripture when people address Jesus by his first name, each time by those in desperate situations:
1, 2. Twice, by demons (in Mark/Luke)
3. By the blind man at Jericho (in Mark/Luke)
4. By the ten lepers, on his way to Jerusalem (in Luke---& Mark?)
5. By the repentant thief at Christ's Crucifixion ("Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.")
In contrast, Dad mentioned that he had heard on a religious television show that a preacher mentioned that Jesus is addressed as "Lord" 138 times in the Bible. He also noted that leprosy a.k.a. Hansen's disease, is now known to be transmitted by direct contact with one with the disease.
Today (WED) I picked up my bag from my friend's office, had lunch of little burgers, and went to PT in the afternoon. Mom and Dad went to celebrate her birthday with dinner out. I will meet up with them for the Novena tonight, and review items for my work tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home