Sunday, October 09, 2016

WED night through SAT night in the First Week of OCT 2016

WED night Mom, Dad, and I went to the Novena. THU I arrived about 7.30 for our 8.00 meeting and briefing at the Carnegie Science Center for the middle school Student Energy Summit (SES). It was great fun, with interactive electricity demonstrations before and after the "Price is Right" welcome show. The electricity demos were with a van de Graaf machine and with a large Tesla coil, before and after the welcome show, respectively. Then it was time for groups of students to rotate through two rooms (for them). I was assigned to the Renewable Energy Room---I facilitated them with the Solar Power experiment. I had groups of 4-5 students, then my last group had lunch in place whilst they thought of questions for the next activity, the three-person panel discussion of professionals in the field, which included a professional from Duquesne Light, a graduate student in engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, and an economist from the University of Pittsburgh. We collected surveys and handed out giveaways at the end, waved goodbye to them, then held a debriefing meeting in the CafĂ©.  THU I also spoke with a former coworker, M, and chatted about our adventures since we had last seen each other. Skipped choir practice, as I was "plumb tired."

FRI I arrived and punched in at about 8 o'clock for our 8.30 meeting for the high school SES.  The last school of the three did not come, and so it was a similar day as THU except that students rotated through two out of three experiments in the Renewable Energy Room (solar, wind, hydroelectric).  There were smaller groups, too: Two to four students/ group. There were four new panelists for the students to direct their questions FRI, and after our (longer) debriefing ended a little after 14.00, we were invited to have cake and snacks as a thank you to CSC staff.

SAT I went to Jess and Sean's wedding at the Cathedral.  I crossed the street just in time to see Jess emerge from the limousine in her beautiful dark ivory dress flowing in the wind. Also Jennifer R and I entered the Cathedral at the same time as one of the bridesmaids, Kelly M, who kindly held the door open for us. Jennifer and I sat in the row in front of Renee and Rock.
ENTRANCE
The Prelude, played as we entered, was music for violin and organ, played by Natalie K and Don.
Processionals- Largo from Xerxes (G.F. Handel)
Bride's Entrance- Jupiter (G. Holst)
LITURGY OF THE WORD
Song of Songs 2:8-10,14,16a; 8: 6-7a
Psalm 128
Philippians 4: 4-9
Gospel Acclamation (A.G. Murray)
Matthew 5: 1-12a
RITE OF MARRIAGE

LITURGY OF THE EUCHARIST
Preparation of he Gifts- What Wondrous Love is This? (arr. R. Shaw and A. Parker)
Sanctus- Chant
Agnus Dei from Missa Brevis (A. Lotti)
Communion- Sicut Cervus (G. Palestrina)
Communion Meditation- Prayer of Saint Francis (S. Temple)
Tribute at the Altar of Mary- Ave Maria (Angelus) (F. Biebl)
Recessional- Toccata from Symphony V for Organ (C.M. Widor)
~~~~
After spending about 45 minutes typing and working with Mom on a couple of letters, I met up with Stacy to carpool to the reception across the Monongahela River.  Great fun, great food, great company.  I was seated next to Arthur and Barbara on one side and Michael (who did all the ladies' hair) on the other. The cookie table was attacked early and often! Mary Pat joined Stacy and I on the way home.

Time for choral practice shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home