Today is Dad's Birthday--- and catching up!
Today is Dad's birthday. Mom made a cake yesterday late afternoon whilst I finished grading the nine-page quizzes and entered grades.
Dad is now with the Knights of Columbus preparing for the Health Professionals Mass with Bishop David Zubik. Mom and I will follow closer to Mass time.
k &K will arrive from out-of-town later, and we will celebrate!
~~~~~
After Mass, we went to the reception and heard Michael Aquilina speak about Hospitals and the Christian tradition. Chatted with Mike afterwards.
Caught up with Marissa and the children. Marissa and Beatrice went to Oakland for Girl Scout cookie sales. Solomon and I went to the museum for the Butterflies exhibit, then to the library for some books.
We all met at a sit-down Chinese restaurant in Oakland. Many many many delicious dishes, and we brought carrot cake for dessert (topped by decorations by Beatrice---the requisite year, and Dietsch candy buckeyes). Wiliam and children rode to Lolo and Lola's with Kelly and Kyle. Most played KLASK, some played gin rummy, then "I Doubt It." Auntie Didik called, and then Joyce, Greg, and family called. Dad called the restaurant, many family called, including Uncle Alex and Uncle Boy's family.
~~~~
About the end of January to mid-February...
SAT 21 JAN- Yoga in the AM, Dinner with Debbie
SUN 22 JAN- I lectored at the noon Mass for the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time.
MON 23 JAN- I met with Jen C, for the women's mentoring program before office hours
TUE 24 JAN- The morning was devoted to the museum's docent meeting, and I met one-on-one with Pat to discuss my yearly review. Meeting w JK at his office. Yoga in the late afternoon.
WED, THU 25-26 JAN- Teaching WIL1, no sub slots needed to be worked by me this week!
FRI 27 JAN- FRI subdepartment meeting
SAT 28 JAN- Yoga, then presentation of work from earlier by Andrea Polli, visiting artist, and company re: STEAM projects.
SUN 29 JAN- Sing in choir. Marissa drove Solomon and I to the PITT Women's basketball game vs. Louisville. Solomon had his pic in front of a green screen, and got a free T shirt. We had hot dog & pretzel & brought candy for BB.
MON 30 JAN- Appointment with Dr. HE. Office Hours followed.
TUE 31 JAN- PWSA and PA EPA called for a boil water advisory for much of Pittsburgh (Highland Park Reservoir). Yoga.
WED 01 FEB- Teach lab. No subbing of others necessary.
THU 02 FEB- Teach lab. I was observed by BF from University Center of Learning and Teaching (UCLT). Before the end of lab, ENS sent a message out:
The water advisory for Oakland has ended. Each building's water will be
flushed as a precaution. Resume normal water use once building signs are
removed.
Signs were removed from my building before 3.30 PM. Choir practice (of course, as usual).
FRI 03 FEB- Meet with BF from UCLT in the AM. Afternoon subdepartment meeting. Meet with Debbie, then with Stacy for hot beverages and to hand off a former item. Stacy and I had Syrian/ Mediterranean food for dinner.
SAT 04 FEB- Yoga and work on bills.
SUN 05 FEB- Practice an sing in choir, work on correspondence.
MON 06 FEB- In the afternoon I met with Eric in the department for computer consultation and with Jen C. Office hours followed. Went earlier in the day to.
TUE 07 FEB- At 9.00 I had an AM appointment scheduled.
WED 08 FEB- In the AM, annual appointment @ upper campus. Taught lab class.
THU 09 FEB- Annual appointment for taxes. Taught lab class.
FRI 10 FEB- Work meeting for our subdepartment in the afternoon.
SAT 11 FEB- Yoga in the morning, harassment and discrimination training online for work.
SUN 12 FEB- Choir practice and sing for Mass.
MON 13 FEB- Early meeting with a friend before my workday. Appointments in Oakland. Office hours.
TUE 14 FEB- Yoga in late afternoon.
WED 15 FEB- No subbing of peers for teaching. Teach this afternoon.
THU 16 FEB- Teach today, a total of 21 students. No choir practice.
FRI 17 FEB- Meeting of our subdepartment.
SAT 18 FEB- Yoga. Debbie and I went to the Waterfront to see two opening acts and Orny Adams, who is a great comic!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home