Last Half of DEC 2016 (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve)
THU 15 DEC- had bloodwork done on a very very cold day. Dad dropped me off. I went to Panther Central to do my I-9 paper/ electronic work. They were not ready to put me in the system/ give me an ID card. Choir practice tonight.
FRI 16 DEC- Worked uptown in the PM.
SUN 18 DEC- Sang in choir for the Fourth Sunday of Advent.
MON 19 DEC- prepared for my Egypt mock tour on THU 22nd DEC.
TUE 20 DEC- Worked uptown in the PM.
WED 21 DEC- Winter Begins! Changed to hot pink sheets.
THU 22 DEC- Egypt mock tour ~ 9.40 to ~ 10.40AM for Pat H. Practiced "O Holy Night" sans our operatic guest.
FRI 23 DEC- Worked Uptown in the PM. K + k arrived in the late afternoon, while I was at work.
SAT 24 DEC- William's family was ill with the flu---William was out sick with fever and chills. That wiped out half of our dinner party. M, D, K, k, and myself went to Mount Washington to Vue 412 (at the site of Tin Angel) for Christmas Eve dinner. The view was magnificent! I enjoyed the:
Guanciale and white bean soup
New Zealand lamb chops with mint demi, orange couscous, and roasted root vegetables.
JayJay was accomodating.
Because the size of our dinner group was diminished by half, I was able to arrive at St. Paul Cathedral in time for the Christmas Eve Mass rehearsal with the brass, organ, tympani, and our guest mezzo-soprano, Maryanne Cornetti.
Christmas Eve 2016
We sang/ played:
Preludes
Brass and Organ: Variations on Noel Nouvelet (Raymond Haan)
Coventry Carol (arr. Shaw)
Organ Solo: Poemes Evangeliques: II. La Nativite (J. Langlais)
When Christ was Born (Robert Farrell)
Carol for All: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
A Maiden Most Gentle (A. Carter)
Gaudete (arr. R. Batastini)
As Lately We Watched (Robert Farrell)
We sang/ played:
Preludes
Brass and Organ: Variations on Noel Nouvelet (Raymond Haan)
Coventry Carol (arr. Shaw)
Organ Solo: Poemes Evangeliques: II. La Nativite (J. Langlais)
When Christ was Born (Robert Farrell)
Carol for All: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
A Maiden Most Gentle (A. Carter)
Gaudete (arr. R. Batastini)
As Lately We Watched (Robert Farrell)
During Mass
Christmas Proclamation sung by Bishop Zubik
Processional Hymn- O Come All Ye Faithful (arr. Cherwien)
Gloria- Christmastime Gloria (arr. Daniel Laginya)
Responsorial Psalm- Psalm 96, Today is Born Our Savior (James Chepponis)
Gospel Acclamation- Christmastime Alleluia (James Chepponis)
Preparation of Gifts- Gesu Bambino (P. Yon)
Carol- Silent Night
Holy, Holy, Holy- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Memorial Acclamation- - from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Amen- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Agnus Dei- Latin Chant
Communion- The First Nowell
Communion Meditations- Brass/ organ- Carols
Communion Meditations- Choir- Christmas Lullaby (John Rutter)
Communion Meditations- Choir with Marianne Cornetti- O Holy Night
(Carol- Silent Night)
Recessional- Joy to the World (arr. Jenkins)
Brass- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
Organ- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
When I returned home, M, D, K and k and I opened presents! I got a coupon for a Thai massage, which I cashed in on Christmas Day, early.
----------
Christmas Day, Sunday 25 DEC 2016
k gave me a great Thai massage and consult for Christmas.
I sang with the choir for the noon Mass Christmas Day at Saint Paul Cathedral.
I distributed Christmas cards to the people who signed up for Christmas Day Mass. Also gave one for Leona to S.
Ran into K and k by the elevator!
MON 26 DEC 2016- Prepared for my museum Spotlight on Wednesday. Also went with Mom to the Waterfront to shop at Macy's.
TUE 27 DEC- Worked Uptown in the PM. H gave me a card. Kayla kept me company for a bit.
WED 28 DEC- 1.30 to 3.30 PM I presented the Spotlight for Fluorescent Hyalite Opal! Most who visited the spotlight were from the greater Pittsburgh area, but people came from as far as Puerto Rico. ~ 102 visitors (2h--13:30 to 15:30).
THU 29 DEC- Mom and I went to Ross Park Mall to return/ exchange/ purchase items at Macy's. I went to get work shoes (clogs) at JC Penney's (JCP). Mom and I went to get burgers for dinner; we brought dad a sandwich, too.
FRI 30 DEC- Worked Uptown in the PM. Michael kept me company for a bit. Debbie stopped by the desk!
SAT 31 DEC- Jeff picked me up to meet Christina in Monroeville for lunch at Chik Fil A. Had a chicken salad sandwich with waffle fries and a shake for lunch. Returned home, and went on two errands for groceries and Walgreen's in Bloomfield and East Liberty, respectively. Returned home to leave again to meet Karen W for hot beverages at Starbucks.
Christmas Proclamation sung by Bishop Zubik
Processional Hymn- O Come All Ye Faithful (arr. Cherwien)
Gloria- Christmastime Gloria (arr. Daniel Laginya)
Responsorial Psalm- Psalm 96, Today is Born Our Savior (James Chepponis)
Gospel Acclamation- Christmastime Alleluia (James Chepponis)
Preparation of Gifts- Gesu Bambino (P. Yon)
Carol- Silent Night
Holy, Holy, Holy- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Memorial Acclamation- - from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Amen- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Agnus Dei- Latin Chant
Communion- The First Nowell
Communion Meditations- Brass/ organ- Carols
Communion Meditations- Choir- Christmas Lullaby (John Rutter)
Communion Meditations- Choir with Marianne Cornetti- O Holy Night
(Carol- Silent Night)
Recessional- Joy to the World (arr. Jenkins)
Brass- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
Organ- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
When I returned home, M, D, K and k and I opened presents! I got a coupon for a Thai massage, which I cashed in on Christmas Day, early.
----------
Christmas Day, Sunday 25 DEC 2016
k gave me a great Thai massage and consult for Christmas.
I sang with the choir for the noon Mass Christmas Day at Saint Paul Cathedral.
Christmas DAY 2016
We sang/ played:
Preludes
Brass and Organ: Variations on Noel Nouvelet (Raymond Haan)
Coventry Carol (arr. Shaw)
Organ Solo: Poemes Evangeliques: II. La Nativite (J. Langlais)
Carol for All: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
A Maiden Most Gentle (A. Carter)
See Amid the Winter's Snow (J. Goss)
We sang/ played:
Preludes
Brass and Organ: Variations on Noel Nouvelet (Raymond Haan)
Coventry Carol (arr. Shaw)
Organ Solo: Poemes Evangeliques: II. La Nativite (J. Langlais)
Carol for All: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
A Maiden Most Gentle (A. Carter)
See Amid the Winter's Snow (J. Goss)
During Mass
Processional Hymn- O Come All Ye Faithful (arr. Cherwien)
Gloria- Christmastime Gloria (arr. Daniel Laginya)
Responsorial Psalm- Psalm 96, Today is Born Our Savior (James Chepponis)
Gospel Acclamation- Christmastime Alleluia (James Chepponis)
Preparation of Gifts- Gesu Bambino (P. Yon)
Carol- Silent Night
Holy, Holy, Holy- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Memorial Acclamation- - from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Amen- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Agnus Dei- Latin Chant
Communion- The First Nowell
Communion Meditations- Brass/ organ- Carols
Communion Meditations- Choir- Christmas Lullaby (John Rutter)
(Carol- Silent Night)
Recessional- Joy to the World (arr. Jenkins)
Brass- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
Organ- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
Processional Hymn- O Come All Ye Faithful (arr. Cherwien)
Gloria- Christmastime Gloria (arr. Daniel Laginya)
Responsorial Psalm- Psalm 96, Today is Born Our Savior (James Chepponis)
Gospel Acclamation- Christmastime Alleluia (James Chepponis)
Preparation of Gifts- Gesu Bambino (P. Yon)
Carol- Silent Night
Holy, Holy, Holy- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Memorial Acclamation- - from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Amen- from the Community Mass (Richard Proulx)
Agnus Dei- Latin Chant
Communion- The First Nowell
Communion Meditations- Brass/ organ- Carols
Communion Meditations- Choir- Christmas Lullaby (John Rutter)
(Carol- Silent Night)
Recessional- Joy to the World (arr. Jenkins)
Brass- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
Organ- In dir ist Freude (Johann S. Bach)
I distributed Christmas cards to the people who signed up for Christmas Day Mass. Also gave one for Leona to S.
Ran into K and k by the elevator!
MON 26 DEC 2016- Prepared for my museum Spotlight on Wednesday. Also went with Mom to the Waterfront to shop at Macy's.
TUE 27 DEC- Worked Uptown in the PM. H gave me a card. Kayla kept me company for a bit.
WED 28 DEC- 1.30 to 3.30 PM I presented the Spotlight for Fluorescent Hyalite Opal! Most who visited the spotlight were from the greater Pittsburgh area, but people came from as far as Puerto Rico. ~ 102 visitors (2h--13:30 to 15:30).
THU 29 DEC- Mom and I went to Ross Park Mall to return/ exchange/ purchase items at Macy's. I went to get work shoes (clogs) at JC Penney's (JCP). Mom and I went to get burgers for dinner; we brought dad a sandwich, too.
FRI 30 DEC- Worked Uptown in the PM. Michael kept me company for a bit. Debbie stopped by the desk!
SAT 31 DEC- Jeff picked me up to meet Christina in Monroeville for lunch at Chik Fil A. Had a chicken salad sandwich with waffle fries and a shake for lunch. Returned home, and went on two errands for groceries and Walgreen's in Bloomfield and East Liberty, respectively. Returned home to leave again to meet Karen W for hot beverages at Starbucks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home