Tuesday, November 08, 2016

31 Oct to 7 NOV 2016- Marissa's Mom Passes

MON, the afternoon of Hallowe'en I went to physical therapy with T. Will have one more appointment before being released to the doctor.

TUES through FRI, 1-4 NOV, I worked Sci-Tech Days (tabling/ demonstrating a mini robot with art). TUES and FRI I worked the afternoon/evening shift Uptown. I lectored at the 7PM All Souls Mass with Mary McC (second lector), with Don cantoring and Ken chez the Beckerath console. Went to a AIU3 meeting for outsourced teachers and paraprofessionals late THU. Skipped choir practice for it.

Marissa's Mom passed away quietly on TUE, All Saint's Day, in her sleep. No more suffering. She is at peace now. Quiet ceremony @ O Cemetary.
I had written to Marissa:
My sympathy to all of us living who were touched by Chere's Life. Know that she is being welcomed and greeted by others she knew while living here with us: Grampy Bill, Grandma June, etc.
My friend Maureen and I were praying for her. Maureen wrote:
"My sympathy to Marissa and her family. Sounds like she had suffered for awhile and now is at peace. I will keep her and your families in my prayers." 
There is a song/hymn at the end of the requiem Mass that starts,"In Paradisum deducant te angeli..." When roughly translated means "MAy the angels welcome you to Paradise"...and the martyrs...And Lazarus..
May her soul be carried up to the hand of G-d, her Creator. May perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in G-d's Peace.

Visited Debbie's over the weekend. SAT went shopping in Squirrel Hill, Bloomfield, and had Mexican food in Fox Chapel with Mom and Dad.
SUN sang in Choir.

Simple, quiet MON on the 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home