What's happened in the past 1.5 weeks; OR mid-November 2016
First of all, the 18th of November was Light-Up Night in Pittsburgh. It was 72 Fahrenheit, 22.2 Celsius last night. I wore a light breezy blouse and no jacket at work last night. People were saying it was crowded (!) and that the fireworks were wonderfully spectacular. Today, the temperature was ~ zero Celsius, and when I ventured out, there was wintry mix/ sleety rain.
WED 9th I met with a career counselor, went for my last physical therapy session, then walked to "Invisible in America," a multi-part presentation by Native American Indians and others. There was drumming and singing, a presentation of dances by community members of various ages (or, as I called it, a mini Pow Wow), a catered dinner by Conflict Kitchen, and two PITT professors gave presentations about Iroquois people and about the Allegheny Reservation.
THU 10th Nov I drove Mom and Dad to their medical appointments.
FRI 11th Nov we had presentation day, where I presented Crow Horse Woman. In the afternoon I went to work uptown for the rest of the day.
SAT 12th Nov I went to Carnegie Mellon for the Media Empowerment Student Summit. I met Alex, a colleague from PITT, there.
SUN 13th was choir singing and Donut Sunday in Synod Hall. Visited Debbie's, too.
MON 14th Nov was my outtake visit with Dr. Mac. He and I were pleased with my pain progression. I went for my tuberculosis test after that.
TUE 15th Nov was the Docent Meeting, then Docent training, then work Uptown till the end of the day. Dad drove me Uptown and picked me up, as well. Gee, thanks, Dad.
WED 16th Nov was Meet Jo Ellen at Fossil Fuels. I met with my career counselor in the early afternoon, and taught at a local library Turkey Art for the kids.
THU 17th Nov Dad drove me to be a control in a study for the morning. In the afternoon, I had my appointment for my physical for work, and Dr. L read my TB Mantoux test.
FRI 18th I had training at AIU for NonViolent Crisis Intervention by Tonia C, offered by Crisis Prevention Institute. Then, it was off to work near the Light Up Night!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home