20 AUG to 26 AUG 2017- 20th week in Ordinary Time, 2017
SUN 20 AUG 2017- Mom,, Dad, and I attended noon Mass. Fr. Adam celebrated the Mass, Linda O cantored, Elizabeth Beroes and her daughter Julie lectored. Late this afternoon we also had our annual building picnic. Sat with Neala D, Carl G, and were joined by LuAnn, and by Jared and Jing and their son.
MON 21 AUG 2017- Solar Eclipse Day!
I went to three stores in search of a USB key and varicolored file folders. Ended up just getting them at Office Depot. Also got 3 bound notebooks, for a penny each! Saw at JC Penney's my current clogs for 2X the price!
Went back to eat a sandwich, then took my cane-chair to take photos pre-, during, and a few photos post-eclipse. Met some people from western Nebraska (the Gonzalez couple), and saw one of Dad's rosary group buddies, met some tourists from China, and a first-year student and her mom and other supporter from near Johnstown. Stacy and I chatted with her about the eclipse and about faith opportunities. We took photos and videos of the amazing diffraction effects caused by leaves, the solar eclipse as a source of light, and the resulting shadows. It got dark pretty fast! We also viewed the effects using a pinhole camera in the parking lot. Took more photos and videos of shadows on the pavement. Reminded me of the time I was in north central California and I noticed the crescent-shaped shadows cast by tree leaves on the Berkeley campus.
Went to physical therapy soon after that, and T said that he did view the solar eclipse through a set of glasses (ISO approved, I assume). I heated delicious leftovers whilst Dad cut up tomatoes and green mangoes. Dinner was just delicious.
TUE and WED 22 to 23 AUG 2017- Worked my last two days at the Uptown apartment desk for the afternoon to evening shift. It was extremely busy my last day until ~8 or 9 PM.
Maureen and I checked out the French bakery across from the Hazelwood library for lunch. I had a baguette avec les lardons, un croissant amandine, et douze choettes pour ma nièce et mon neveu. We dined outside at one of the two tables. Wonderful weather we're having since about the beginning of August---absolutely NOT the dog days of August...cool, sunny days with great nights for sleeping.
Spotted one of my former students, (I had her older brother in class, too) walking as we waited at a stoplight. It was good to see Sandra C. and to hear about her program of study.
THU 24 AUG 2017- Had a lot of pain going up the incline outside the work building complex Thursday. Stopped in to talk to Deanna and Matthew (he was out when I stopped by) before our work meeting at 12.30. After ~2.15PM I stopped by Matthew's office. Still have yet to get my photo ID.
FRI 25 AUG 2017- Requested a blue elastic band for the 4-way ankle exercises. Also brought my 04 November 2016 exercise sheet, and T indicated which exercises on that sheet I should add to my repertoire.
SAT 26 AUG 2017- I stopped by at work at the museum office to select some deaccessioned books and went up to the library cafe on the first floor to wait for Dad. Chatted with Carolyn B. and said hello to Carol @ security. Mid-afternoon I got poke bowls for all three of us...we ate them for dinner, too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home