FRI 03 APR 2020 to SAT 03 APR 2020
FRI 03 APR 2020- I woke very early this morning to watch the early (7.00) Mass broadcast live online from the Seminary in Pittsburgh. Bishop David Zubik celebrated the Mass, with two seminarians assisting: One reading the first reading and the responsorial psalm, and one acting as an altar server/acolyte. There was a co-celebrant whom I did not recognize.
I made a To Do list, and went home to catch up on some of my lost sleep. Had a chance to chat by phone with DW, as he is on the front lines of the COVID-19 battle. Had lunch of leftover macaroni and cheese with peas and carrots at home, then came over to help M with medicines, and D and M with over-the-counter pharmacy orders. Will meet Clare G, who is giving us palm branches in anticipation of Palm Sunday.
Saw many of my floor mates, especially A, who walked out the side door with her parents for a spin in the park carrying a small stuffed animal. Met with Clare, who presented 2 palm fronds for me, and for my parents. She and I talked about my bright pink (Laetare) jacket and hat. Greeted folks in the mailroom. After a small chat with my floormate JA, I went to be the sous chef by chopping onions and preparing ginger. I then made two frond crosses, of which I took a jpeg straightaway. Quite meditative.
Almost time to prepare dinner (mussels)! Set up the online Stations of the Cross with Bishop David Zubik for D and M.
SAT 04 APR 2020- Took care of contacting more choral supporters to tell them candy would be delivered later, after the quarantine were over; after Sarris was open, Cathedral was open, etc. etc.
Chatted with StHo by phone this afternoon. A quote from our discussion:
" My job is to stay healthy and to stay home." ~~~ StHo
Today is the first day I saw the Pennsylvania Lottery numbers draw with the operator wearing a white mask (the witness did not).
Hurrying home to have a chat with JAH.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home