Holy Thursday 2020- THU 09 APR 2020
THU 09 APR 2020- Awoke early and read my news feeds from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, the New York Times (COVID-19 news is free), and The Washington Post.
Lots of great updates (curve) graphics---national, state, and county; as well as by country this morning in the New York Times. Included are links to maps of the pandemic.
Pandemic answer on 'Jeopardy' has people totally freaked out--the sophomore from Yale University gave the question:
https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/pandemic-answer-on-jeopardy-has-people-totally-freaked-out/
https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/pandemic-answer-on-jeopardy-has-people-totally-freaked-out/
New record low: TSA screens fewer than 100,000 travelers on TUE 07 APR 2020:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/tsa-screening-record-low/
Pittsburgh’s Original Oyster House to hand out quarantine Easter Baskets, toilet paper | TribLIVE.com:
https://triblive.com/local/pittsburgh-allegheny/pittsburghs-original-oyster-house-to-hand-out-quarantine-easter-baskets-toilet-paper/
As my friend, CMJ and I discussed, people are not afraid of having enough food, but of (in)ability to wipe!
On n'a pas peur d'avoir assez de alimentaire, mais de pouvoir s'essuyer!
and, thus, the shortage of paper products in every store at which we shop.
~~~~~
...and a few RECIPES to consider, as well...
Just invited to SC's celebration for a Zoom session of charades. Will join later.
I just enjoyed a large mug of chai with herb sweetener and whole milk.
Just mailed a letter to Ohio at ~ 14.00.
FAQ- Coronavirus Unemployment Guide: What to do if you are furloughed, etc.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/03/unemployed-coronavirus-faq/?arc404=true&utm_campaign=wp_to_your_health&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh&wpmk=1
I'm preparing for the Oratory Mass @ 17.15
Here are the Mass readings:
https://us.magnificat.net/free
Here is one of the prayers we can say as Catholics when attending the Mass and seeing Communion:
Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
~~~
Fr Mike Darcy celebrated the Mass with 5 other Oratorian priests: Fr David Abernathy, Fr Steve Lowery, Fr Peter Gruber, Fr Josh Kibler, and Fr Paul Werley. There were 6 Oratorian Brothers/ novitiates serving during the Mass, including Bros Leo, Mark Littlefield, and Joel Hammer. Fr Stephen Lowery proclaimed the Gospel reading, and delivered the homily. He made mention of:
"Already...not yet (of things not fully realized [on Holy Thursday and prior])
"Where I am going, you do not know..."
"What I am doing, you do not know [yet]."
"If we are sincere and with humility [like Christ], are put in our place---
if we voluntarily, with humility, go down [like Christ, to wash his disciples' feet] to our place;
God will lift us up.
"We receive/are transformed [by Christ]
Saints allow our Lord to ? them, [He will}
Lift them and transform them."
"[One must] kneel down and serve our neighbor.
[There are ] great things in us."
Ubi Caritas was sung.
After the Eucharist, an antiphon was sung, "This is my body...Do it in memory of me."
Exposition of the Sacrament was after the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
"Pange Lingua" was sung during this portion of the Mass.
Just invited to SC's celebration for a Zoom session of charades. Will join later.
I just enjoyed a large mug of chai with herb sweetener and whole milk.
Just mailed a letter to Ohio at ~ 14.00.
FAQ- Coronavirus Unemployment Guide: What to do if you are furloughed, etc.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/03/unemployed-coronavirus-faq/?arc404=true&utm_campaign=wp_to_your_health&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh&wpmk=1
Here’s when your stimulus check should arrive
http://a.msn.com/00/en-us/BB12lRKS?ocid=se
~~~~~I'm preparing for the Oratory Mass @ 17.15
Here are the Mass readings:
https://us.magnificat.net/free
Here is one of the prayers we can say as Catholics when attending the Mass and seeing Communion:
Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
~~~
Fr Mike Darcy celebrated the Mass with 5 other Oratorian priests: Fr David Abernathy, Fr Steve Lowery, Fr Peter Gruber, Fr Josh Kibler, and Fr Paul Werley. There were 6 Oratorian Brothers/ novitiates serving during the Mass, including Bros Leo, Mark Littlefield, and Joel Hammer. Fr Stephen Lowery proclaimed the Gospel reading, and delivered the homily. He made mention of:
"Already...not yet (of things not fully realized [on Holy Thursday and prior])
"Where I am going, you do not know..."
"What I am doing, you do not know [yet]."
"If we are sincere and with humility [like Christ], are put in our place---
if we voluntarily, with humility, go down [like Christ, to wash his disciples' feet] to our place;
God will lift us up.
"We receive/are transformed [by Christ]
Saints allow our Lord to ? them, [He will}
Lift them and transform them."
"[One must] kneel down and serve our neighbor.
[There are ] great things in us."
Ubi Caritas was sung.
After the Eucharist, an antiphon was sung, "This is my body...Do it in memory of me."
Exposition of the Sacrament was after the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
"Pange Lingua" was sung during this portion of the Mass.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home