Friday, October 21, 2005

Inky..Inky Girl

My parents received a phone call from my sister that the cat that my sister has had since she was single had a stroke and was put to sleep.
I will always remember Inky. Joyce used to call her: "Inky..Inky Girl," and Inky would answer,"PrrrrrrMieuw, PrrrrrrrMieuw," before running to Joyce's side. Inky was kind enough to welcome a sibling, Elwood, into the household. And Greg and Joyce loved each other so much that they kept the cats when they married, despite Greg's allergies to them. Elwood passed away several years ago, but Inky was going strong until just this week. Inky was part of Joyce's household when William, Joyce, and I lived in the Bay Area at the same time. Inky was part of the household before Joyce and Greg were engaged. And Inky is remembered by us, including by Joyce and Greg's daughter, Miranda, who may learn about what happened to Inky this week. Miranda, I've been told, has been looking for Inky. There is a great children's book about the death of a cat, The Tenth Good Thing About Barney. I enjoyed reading the book, and found it appropriate for various ages and similar pet situations.
The last birthday card I sent to Joyce had a cat on it who looked like Inky.
I wonder if they will get a new family pet.

24 October 2005
Addendum
So, Joyce has informed me that Miranda is aware that Inky has joined Elwood in cat heaven. I'm pleased with that answer for my five-year-old godchild/ina-anak. I know that her concepts of the afterlife and Heaven will change as she grows older. And brava to Joyce, bravo to Greg for getting Judy Viorst's book last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home