Sunday, October 30, 2005

Kiki and Herb


Last night, William, Marissa, Debbie, and I went to dinner at Duranti's then to see Kiki and Herb's Resurrection Tour at the Byham Theater. They thought that they had given their final show in NYC, but they made a comeback and are touring the country. As I told Herb after the show, William and Marissa went to see them in NYC, and so that's how I heard about them and why I was there that night.

This was the first time I had seen Kiki and Herb, and they sang, played piano, and danced about everything from the war in Iraq ("Bring the boys home," Herb intoned), to religion, to therapy. They told stories about how Kiki met up with her long-lost daughter at one of their shows in New York, to life at the Nativity scene. Marissa wrote about them in her latest web log post, and I had a chance to talk with them while they signed a CD for me.

"Kiki [draws a heart] loves you," Kiki read aloud as she signed the CD for me.
"Oh, good, someone loves me tonight," I said.

"Where do you travel to next?" I asked them.
"Fort Lauderdale," Herb explained. We discussed the benefits of travel to a warm climate, and of just missing the storms down south.

As we left for home, I wished them happy trails...Kiki opened her arms for a warm hug and said, "Get home safely....stay warm!"

I truly enjoyed meeting these warm, friendly people who honestly wanted to meet their fan base.

The picture above (taken by Marissa) shows me with Kiki and Herb. Deb is in the background, wearing a red Irish poncho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home