Dining Outside; lectoring
I met up with Natalie M., Wellesley '06, for lunch at Orient Express. It was fun to find out about what she is up to, preparing for her first year as a graduate student at Carnegie Mellon University. She was relieved to complete the pre-first year quantitative course, and looking forward to visiting with family before the school year starts.
After noon Mass on Sunday the 30th of July I had lunch at Lulu's Pan Asian restaurant with Jonathan and Anjali. In the evening was my building picnic. I dined with Mrs. G. and Ms. K. from down the hall, as well as with Mary Jo and Paul from the fifth floor. I met up with Anjali for a fundraising event on Flagstaff Hill for basic needs of children in the United States and India. We enjoyed food and desserts, as well as the band.
Monday and Wednesday (the 2nd of August), Marissa and I enjoyed swimming/water exercises, and WIlliam joined us on Wednesday. I had dinner at their home on Wednesday night--Mac n Cheese, beans, and desserts. We discussed the Filipino "old wives tale" of pregnancy cravings' meanings. Friday (the 4th of August) Marissa and I foraged at Whole Foods, then dined in air-conditioned glory with Snowball. On Tuesday and Thursday (the 1st and 3rd of August, respectively), I met up with Barb for lunch and an afternoon out. Tuesday we dined on the Phipps patio, then enjoyed the conservatory and gardens, thanks to tickets I won at a raffle at the Mattress Factory; Thursday we ate at Wholey's--I had a chance to chat with Andy while he made my sushi roll--then we picked out some delicious treats at the shops on Penn--Prosciutto salame, flavored syrups, fruit, candied nuts for me; pepperoni and rolled mozarella/prosciutto for her.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I lectored at St. Paul's, the Oratory, and at Sacred Heart, respectively. Friday was first Friday Mass, Saturday evening was a Sunday obligation Mass, and Sunday evening was a Mass for young adults, with a cookie klatch following. Fr. Dan said the Mass, with Eric, Delaine, and I lectoring. After Mass, I just met Wendy, a chemistry graduate student; Jeff, who works at Carnegie Mellon; Jamie, a computer scientist; Tina, who works for Heinz; and a few others from the Sacred Heart group whom I haven't seen for a while.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home