A day with Beatrice; Faithsharing evening
Marissa, Beatrice, and I spent a girl's day out at Waterworks Mall today, after I ran an errand in Squirrel Hill. We had a light lunch/snack at Taco Bell, did some light shopping, (during which I taught Beatrice the word and function of belt), and ate a snack at Wendy's while waiting for a woman to deliver some baby items. She never showed up, and I don't know if she ever answered Marissa's attempts to contact her.
I babysat Beatrice while Marissa watched the second half of a play at CMU with William, who had the fortune of seeing the first half, too. We walked with her pull-toy doggie (dog: Ruff, ruff), and met Dorothy and Marlin. We read books (Mousekin's Special Day; Go, Dog, Go! and Grandma and Me a.k.a. Lola and Me), played with toys, sang, drank some bottle (babu) and generally had fun all the way up to the point her mom and dad arrived.
I departed soon after Wawa and Marissa's arrival, for the Saturday faith-sharing with our regular group. Jose led the group in a discussion of Job. Nellie, Nick, Jose, and I dined together at Lulu's, and continued the discussion at Kiva Han over hot cocoa and coffee. We talked about the Church (Roman Catholic, Eastern, Oriental, Coptic, etc.), the Bible and its history (including the Apocrypha), the Church's role in conversion of countries affected by the Spaniards, the meeting of the Archbishop and the Incan king, why Magellan never made it 'round the world with his ship, and on and on...
Labels: Beatrice, children, Church, dining, Faith, international culture, languages, Pilipino culture, read, water

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home