Thursday, May 08, 2008

Pre-operative testing

I had my preoperative testing--swab my nose ("boogers! I got one!"), approximately 9 tubes of blood drawn ("don't worry, I won't faint, I had a good breakfast and my juicy-juice"), urine sample (pee in a cup, "eww!"), EKG ("stickers!!"), chest X ray, (that "bracelet-I-Have-to-wear-until-surgery---it's better than a diamond bracelet!"), sundry questions asked by Sofya, RN (aka MEDICAL HISTORY), an overview of PT by the physical therapist Anne, and a video in the Hopwood Library of what to expect before and after surgery. I took a nap before my other medical appt. across town (my orthopedist wrote on my chart, "she really wants to have this [procedure/operation] done,") and am wiped out. Will take another nap before choir practice...whew! I got tired just reading this.

I hope I can wake up in time for the bus to RIS tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home