Sunday, November 02, 2008

Choir Outings

After the noon Mass a group of us (Judi, Amy, Jess, Ornella, Marc, Christoph, Andrew, Stacy, and I) sat outside a sidewalk cafe and enjoyed the 65+ degree Fahrenheit weather. We departed after I had gathered a handful of us to meet at the Jonathan Borofsky sculpture on the Carnegie Mellon campus before heading to the Carnegie Mellon Jazz Vocal Ensemble concert this evening.


After a full afternoon of emailing, prepping for work this week, and a nice nap, Ornella picked me up to meet Andrew (who left for office hours) and Christoph. Mark showed up after the first song in the program.

The program included
My Funny Valentine
Take the A train
[I Get a Kick out of You]
Try to Remember
A Groovy Kind of Love
Stay
Mystery

The vocal ensemble consisted of several undergraduate students, Jessica, Laura, Pat, Nick, Sergi, Tim, and Ryan; and was directed by Thomas Douglas.

After, we went to a bar in Ornella and Marc's neighborhood for drinks. We DIDN'T talk for two hours about politics. We spent three hours at the pub, enjoying each others' company and also discussing the social luciole's role in the choir. We shared secrets, such as who is on my speed dial, who is on Marc's speed dial, how I came to fly a plane, et al.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home