(The Earlier) Grandma? post
5.37 am
So, Mom and I were discussing late last night---after I had finished typing, editing, and proofreading missives from Mom and Dad---the presence of Grandma. Mom said that she received a cell phone call from my phone yesterday early evening...she returned the call to my cell phone, and found that the phone was sitting there in her house.
me: Yeah, I left my cell phone at your home because I didn't want to bring it to my meeting [at pastoral council]. Did Dad use the phone?
Dad: I didn't pick up your phone.
me (in unison): It's Grandma!
Mom (in unison): Grandma!
me: WoooOOOooo! [taking a breath] Mom, did I tell you about the time at work----?
Mom: ----about the flowers?
me: Yeah! [at which point I launch into a recounting of the tale which included my coworker, who also detected flowers, but neither of us had found flowers, despite looking for several days...]
This we discussed briefly, then...
me: Do you know who's really scared of ghosts?
Mom guesses, then gives up.
At which point I tell her my cousin's name, and then launch into the story of how the cousin slept with a knife next to her bed, she was so afraid of ghosts after Grandma died. Mom had one response for that...
Mom: It's Grandma!
me {without a beat}:...and she's dead!
~ ~
So, the upshot of this conversation was that we still didn't know how the phone call originated from my phone at 7:22 pm yesterday, when I was in the midst of pastoral council meeting. Hmmmmmmm.
Labels: dreams, Grandma, phone, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home