Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and Carnegie Museum with Beata and Solomon

Yesterday (Wednesday) Marissa, Beata, and Solomon picked me up for a morning PSO perfomance for youth. Lawrence Loh conducted, Mikhail I chatted with the younger set before the performance, and the Tortoise and the Hare were charming and entertaining. We had listened to a CD of Elmo and classical music on the way to Heinz Hall, and a couple of pieces thus sounded famili-ear to us during the performance, including "The Hall of the Mountain King."

We enjoyed sandwiches and then some time at the Discovery Room, where we saw a current student of mine, B. After some time, Solomon and I went to the Egyptian Room. We headed back to the Disco Room to pick up Beata and Marissa before I headed off to work, and continuation of the week's "Meet and Greet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home