Choir Get-Together Yesterday; Arise at 4.20- Laundry today
We had a fun-filled choir party yesterday chez Doug. He had ordered barbeque, and we each brought something to share. The teasing and jokes flew freely until the appearance of the last wave of people, when it flowed as if a dam broke (Yes, a DAM).
Frieda and I shared saving our seat for each other; she had another engagement and departed early. The colorful flames that danced from the logs were beautiful but failed to light my sparkler; likewise for the fuel-deprived lighter in our group (yes, you know who yinz are!!). Rick's lighter came to the rescue. Also, Rick's stories of the horse-drawn carriage ride in Ireland brought a smile to each of our faces (I suppose, as darkness had already fallen...). We sang a couple of songs from memory throughout the evening, ending with Biebl's Ave Maria with two choirs.
I will have to remember that Breyer's makes a lactose-free vanilla ice cream, which I shared, along with a tub of butter pecan.
I departed soon after 22.00, wishing everyone a good evening as the ice cream wore off and the sleepiness took over.
~~~~~
I arose even earlier today, at 04.20. I started laundry at about 06.00 and am pondering the (strong) possibility of breakfast soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home