Bible Study (28 OT), Catholic Underground, and Swing Dancing!
Wednesday morning I went to the Bible Study for the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time (today's readings). Fr. Drew led the study. I met Francesco, who has just published a book, there.
Yesterday I had a chocolate twist and a croissant with my fruited yogurt with Maureen and her former college roommate, Carolyn. I picked up the car at the shop, and went to Ross Park Mall via the Evergreen exit (construction at the McKnight exit). Dad called me to get a McDonald's gamepiece sometime soon, and I went home to meet up with Christina (she parked in my lot) and then to walk to SPC to meet with Kevin, Sara, Dave, and Regina.
We drove as a "group" of two cars to Catholic Underground on Washington Blvd., then enjoyed fellowship (with Margie, Laura, Paul, etc.) afterwards. All of us except Regina went to swing dancing with Dr. Zoot. Saw Philip and Philip there, as well as Alina and her friends, Shantanu, and Sumed. Said hi to Lila and Frankie, and Andrew as well.
So this morning I'm losing my voice--froggie-voiced girl. Will probably skip singing in choir today.
~~~~~
During Catholic Underground last night, we sang Evening Prayer for Sunday, Week Four with the following antiphons and responsory, canticle, and intercession prayer:
Ant 1: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. (appropriate, as Yom Kippur started Friday night)
Ant 2: From the morning watch until night, I have waited trustingly for the Lord.
Ant 3: Let everything in heaven and on earth bend the knee at the name of Jesus.
Responsory: From the rising of the sun to its setting, may the name of the Lord be praised.
Canticle: A certain man held a banquet and invited many, when it was time for the banquet to begin, he sent his servant to call his guests, for now the feast was ready, alleluia. (reminiscent of the Gospel reading for today.)
Intercession: Look on us with favor, Lord, and hear us.
Before the first antiphon we sang "Holy is the Lord," and after a certain point in the service we sang,
"Revelation Song,"
"Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone),"
"Christ is Risen,"
and
"Mighty to Save,"
We also sang Tantum Ergo Sacramentum, as there was Eucharistic Adoration.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home