Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday- Bible Study

This morning I drove Dad and Mom for his procedure early.  I graded presentations for my Monday and Tuesday classes.  I then walked in the suddenly cold low-40s Fahrenheit temperatures to Bible Study. There were a number of us, plus two new people--Barbara and Penny.  We read and discussed from this upcoming Sunday's readings (33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time, Cycle A): 


Proverbs 31: 10-13, 19-20, 30-31
1 Thessalonians 5:1-6 (Which I read for our study group meeting)
and from the Gospel
Matthew 25:14-30.


The theme was God's trust for us humans, since God gives us each spiritual gifts/qualities/talents, which we expand in the world around us.  Have you killed God's initiative within you?  It should be alive in you, a friend and steward of God's graces (not a slave).  God gives each of us graces, which we should not fear losing, as we are people of the day.  He who has gets; because if you have trust in God, by working to grow one's own graces and talents, you will gain more trust and build the kingdom of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home