Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Weekend before Christmas 2014

So, it's the weekend before Christmas.  I worked on reference letters for my former students and undergraduate teaching assistant.  Took a looong nap/s and went to William and Marissa's for dinner.  The highlight of the meal was challah hand-made by Beatrice, with help from her Daddy.  It was delicious---only needed a brush of egg glaze to make it the Best Ever Challah I have had!  (only one rising necessary)


We watched part of the Charlie Brown Christmas special right before dinner, and had Menorah lighting after---I got to light the five other candles with the Shammas.  We all prayed, and went to finish the Charlie Brown special.  Then they opened the presents: 
The Charlie Brown Christmas tree for the whole family,
Creatology artist set for Solomon,
Old Peter's Russian Tales and a decoupage pink box purse for BB,
A warm hat (a la Pooh) for Marissa,
Tea preparation kit for Wawa


I got Girl Scout butter toffee from them all,
two necklace and earrings sets, too.


Had an early turn-in.
~~~~~
Today (Sunday) was the Sunday of Advent in choir before the Christmas season officially begins.
We sang:
an Introit (Skies, let the Just One come forth like the dew,...)
Entrance Hymn:  Awake, Awake, and Greet the New Morn
Kyrie (Mass XVI)
Psalm 89 (J. Carroll)
Alleluia (J. Berthier)
Preparation of the Gifts:  Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (M. Praetorius)
Acclamations (Schubert/Proulx)
Lamb of God Missa Emmanuel- (R. Proulx)
Communion Antiphon:  Behold, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a Son (R. Farrell)
Communion:  A Virgin Shall Conceive (A. Motyka)
Communion Meditation:  The Angel Gabriel from Heaven Came (Arr. A. Lovelace)
Recessional Hymn: O Come, O Come Emmanuel (verses 6 & 7)


After Mass I had lunch, took a nap, then chatted with J, my UTA, regarding the reference letters.  I went to work on them straightaway, then turned to email communications and this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home