Sunday and Wednesday- Church, Bible Study, and Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help
Sunday we went to Mass (I sang in choir, as usual), had Mexican food, went to purchase a television for Mom and Dad in Fox Chapel/Aspinwall, and rested in the evening.
This week was our first quiz for the biology lab students. Much stress all around.
Wednesday (today), Mom, Dad, and I went to Bible study for this coming Sunday, the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Cycle B). Mom read the second reading for the group (Hebrews 4:12-13). Pablo A had asked about "asking/ requesting/ praying for a gift (such as wisdom)," and I spoke with him about "praying for an outcome" vs. "asking for help with a question (or with discerning what the question should be in the first place)". Fr. Drew mentioned Cardinal Newman, who stated that one's purpose should be to discern one's purpose in life. He also mentioned that dissect, discern, and decision all derive from the same root.
Fr. Drew also answered my question about the Cross (Why the Cross and not the "Cross and Resurrection"?)
Fr. Drew stated that the Cross was where Christ self-sacrificed for all of us, and mediated with the Father. God the Father resurrected God the Son (Jesus) from the Dead.
Mary was also at Bible Study this morning. There was a number (12-15) of us there this morning.
I saw electric cars (mini mini cars!) in front of my building at work this afternoon and evening.
This evening after printing at work and chicken macaroni salad and fruit salad for dinner, Dad, Mom, and I went for the Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help at the Cathedral. Fr. Mark Thomas led the proceedings, with Ted W serving and a woman with a lovely voice leading the music ministry. We saw Dr. Roger, and also Tara there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home