Sunday, August 27, 2017

27 AUG 2017 to 02 SEPT 2017- 21st week in Ordinary Time, 2017

27th AUG 2017- PARISH PICNIC- Fr. Brian Welding celebrated Mass. Tamika and two young guys served; Shane cantored while Ken provided organ music from the Beckerath in the choir loft; and Perrin H and I lectored, with his carrying the book and proclaiming the first reading whilst I proclaimed the second reading and read the General Intercessions.

Music sang and readings included:
Liturgy of the Word
Entrance Hymn: Christ is Made the Sure Foundation
Lord Have Mercy: Plainsong
Gloria (J. Lee)
Reading 1:  IS 22:19-23
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 138 (Richard Proulx)
Reading 2: ROM 11:33-36
Gospel Acclamation: Solemnelle (Notre Dame, Paris)

Liturgy of the Eucharist
Holy, Holy, Holy: from the Deutsche Messe (Franz Schubert)
Acclamation: from the Deutsche Messe (Franz Schubert)
Amen: from the Deutsche Messe (Franz Schubert)
Lamb of God: (Richard Proulx)
Communion Hymn: Bread of Life[, Cup of Blessing] (Michel Guimont)
Recessional Hymn: In Christ There is No East or West (African-American Tune)

I retrieved Dad, Mom, and my nametags and the nice volunteers entered a ticket for our family into a raffle for $50 of lotto tickets. Aisha joined our table, which included Lou, Tina, and Joe W., and Manny and Arlene T. She and I had a fun time over lunch of burgers and hot dogs with all the fixings, baked beans, Italian pasta salad, and fruit salad. Drinks were varied and mostly cold, except for the coffee. Dessert was chocolate cake and white cake with plentiful super-sweet icing. Aisha and I each went back for a main dish plate.

From where we were seated we could tell that there was balloon art, a limbo contest, and other games for the young set. There were also drawings for: various baskets, 50/50, flowers, and lottery tickets. We saw lots of people we knew from St. Paul Cathedral and the Oratory...Jeannette, Andy M, Tom, Noreen D, Gerry G, Carmella K, Mr M (whose son, Bryan, frequented the Oratory), Michelle and her mom, Joan.
~~~~~
MON 28 Aug 2017- Kept calling Panther Central daily until several customer service workers knew my name, and email address by heart (which was WED evening). I have kept an eye on the changes in my rosters, and I renewed two Carnegie Library public library books.

TUE 29 AUG 2017- First day back teaching @ the laboratories.

WED 30 AUG 2017- Second day back teaching. Celebration with two flavor of Dave and Andy's ice cream after work with Debbie. We went to my favorite fountain near Carnegie Mellon University, which has been refurbished/ renovated since I was last there.

THU 31 AUG 2017- End of first week teaching/ student contact hours, consisting of a laboratory section and a set of office hours. Friday I was to learn how to log out of my PITTnet connection.

FRI 01 SEPT 2017- In the morning went to physical therapy with Natalie (who was covering for T). Visited with my friend S, had my glasses adjusted, got some multivitamins at the pharmacy, and met Stacy and we each has tomato, basil, feta soup.Reprinted my class rosters.

SAT 02 SEPT 2017- Dad gave me a ride to work at the museum. I spent two hours explaining the small, furry alpine creature, the pika. I grabbed (and brought) a snack, and then the IT department helped me with my emal account there.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home