Sunday, September 10, 2017

10 to 16 SEPT 2017- 23rd Week in Ordinary Time

10 SEPT 2017- I wrote a recommendation this morning for a dear friend over the pond. Then, I was a lector (with Perrin H as the second lector) at the noon Mass. Fr. Kris S celebrated the Mass, Becky was our cantatrice/ cantor, and Don provided organ music from the loft. Julian and Antonio served. Dad was one of the Eucharistic ministers of communion. He and Mom attended Mass, and we said hello to the V family afterwards.

We sang:
Help Us Forgive, Forgiving Lord (to the tune, O God, Our Help in Ages Past)
Kyrie (Chant)
Gloria (Richard Proulx)

I proclaimed EZ 33:7-9
Becky led the congregation in singing Psalm 95 PS 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9 (Michel Guimont)
Perrin proclaimed ROM 13:8-10
Becky led the singing of the Gospel Acclamation (Solemnelle/ Notre Dame de Paris)
Fr. Kris proclaimed the Gospel reading: MT 18:15-20
After Fr. Kris's homily, I read the General Intercessions/ Prayers of the Faithful

We sang
Preparation of the Gifts: Where Charity and Love Prevail
Holy, Holy, Holy (Deutsche Messe, Franz Schubert)
Acclamation (Deutsche Messe, Franz Schubert)
Amen (Deutsche Messe, Franz Schubert)
Lamb of God (Richard Proulx)
Communion- Where Love and Charity Abide (Lucien Diess)
Fr. Kris closed with the Prayer to St. Michael, the Archangel (as usual), and announcements, which included the first Coffee and Donut Sunday (and a farewell to Fr. Tom Gramc) since before the summer.
We skipped Coffee & Donut Sunday to go for Asian buffet in Monroeville w EJ's parents. Yum!

MON 11 SEPT 2017- Had a physical therapy appointment; also mailed out my passport from Liberty Blvd Post Office, had a hair re-do, and paid a bill.

TUE 12 SEPT 2017- Training at the museum for Accessibility. Taught my lab class.

WED 13 SEPT 2017- Bible Study with Dad. There were ~15 people, and facilitated by Fr. Drew. I read the second reading. Taught my WED lab class.

THU 14 SEPT 2017- Taught my THU lab class, had office hours, had imaging done (Dad dropped me off & picked me up), had a snack before the first choral practice of the season. We each had 30 seconds to introduce ourselves. I mentioned how long I have been in choir and have been teaching biology laboratories at PITT; I showed my appreciation for the prayer [Confession] that was printed for us, and stated my favorite Choir Rule is "Be Nice"---because it's the Christian thing to do. Somewhere in there I mentioned being somehow related to Jorge.
Snacks after choir were by Don; Jennifer and I left the building at the same time.

FRI 15 SEPT 2017- This morning the class Bridget, Meredith, and I teach underwent training for electronic lab notebooks. T was not feeling well, so my physical therapy appointment was cancelled. Spent the rest of the day preparing for my classes next week.

SAT 16 SEPT 2017- Did more grading and preparing for class next week. Attended the Philippine- American Performing Arts of Greater Pittsburgh with Mom, Dad, William, and Solomon. This year is the 6th annual recital and gala and name BIYAHE, or Journey or Travel/ling. It was a treat to attend this nearly 3-hour-long performance at the Kelly-Strayhorn Theatre mid-afternoon. EJ's parents were nice enough to give Dad, Mom, and me a ride to and from the theater and we invited them for dinner of pot roast with vegetables, Chinese-American chop suey, and halo-halo for dessert.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home