Loungin'
The past couple of days have meant no "work" work, only work around the house and neighborhood.
Yesterday, I lectored at Mass (Fr. Daniele celebrated, John served, and Don provided music ministry), I've organized my papers at Mom and Dad's home, mailed monthly bills, picked up files from work (where I ran into a coworker and her clan), made a CVS run for supplies for mom and I, napped, and wrapped presents.
This morning I organized my work files, napped, wrapped some more presents, read a few chapters of Musicophilia, and Mom, Dad, and I headed to William, Marissa, and Beatrice's home to join them and Les and Chere for homemade brunch. After brunch we retired to the living room to help Beatrice open presents. She was particularly taken by the cookie jar (similar to the one at the children's room at the public library) given to her by her grandparents. I gave Wawa a vintage Wizard of Oz pin, Marissa an Elvis Blue Christmas CD, and Beatrice 101 Songs for Children. I also delivered to Beatrice the gift from Luce. We all departed after the fold-out love seat was placed in the living room by William, Les, and Dad: William's family for an appointment on campus, Marissa's parents for Illinois, and my parents and I for Oakland. We won't be seeing Marissa's parents 'till early Spring.
Labels: children, Christmas, cleaning, family, family-Marissa, games, gift, music, organizing, seasons, singing, sleep, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home