Our Lady Of Guadalupe; St. Lucy's Day 2007
Last night while Mom and I babysat Beatrice, Dad was at television ministry for the first Mass celebrating Our Lady of Guadalupe in Pittsburgh. I caught snippets on television in my parent's master bedroom. The Mass was magnificent, replete with the Bishop celebrating Mass in Spanish, an estimated 1000 attendees from the Latino community, a statue of Our Lady, a mariachi band and two choirs from St. Regis, children bedecked in their native dress reading the general intercessions, and statements of thanks from Fr. Daniele.
In his homily (spoken first in Spanish, then in English), Bishop Zubik recited a line from Gracie Allen, who was encouraging her husband George Burns to be a man of hope. "Never put a period where God intends a comma," she said. Ken had informed me of this wonderful celebration, and I'm pleased that I could enjoy the festivities, even from afar.
~~~
Today was the Memorial for St. Lucy. Fr. Brian celebrated Mass, John served, and Chris provided the music ministry. Bob H. lectored today. I always appreciate St. Lucy's day and all the Lucys in my life.
Labels: children, Choir, Church, diocese of Pittsburgh, international culture, light, Mass, music, Pittsburgh, singing, St. Lucy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home