Steps: Take it Slowly
Today for my physical therapy Margie measured some key angles. For our field trip we did the front (narthex) steps of St. Paul Cathedral. "Plus, it's cool in there!"
"Good Leg goes to Heaven, Bad Leg goes to Hell," I recited Gene's mantra, adding, "Crutches like a cane going up; crutches support the bad leg going down." My outpatient physical therapist, Margie, was impressed.
We said hello to Ken, the associate organist, and the organ's pipe team, including "home team" choir guys Justin, Jay, and Doug. Ken explained the pipes, one which looked like an extremely large (person could fit in it) mechanical pencil. Styrofoam fitted to the pipes were the packing materials. I promised that I would give Margie the website for the organ restoration.
Margie and I then went down the Cathedral steps and to Mom and Dad's parklet with the fountain with the little boy (statue with the painted eyes). We sat for a while under the shade of an umbrella and chatted before heading back into the building.
Labels: BAD, Choir, Church, exercise, garden, health, home, neighbors, Pittsburgh, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home