Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Faith Sharing, List VII

Dad and I started watching a Hallmark movie borrowed from the public library entitled The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I finished watching the movie this afternoon. Quite remarkable, actually. Parts reminded me of It's a Wonderful Life.

Maureen and I went to faith sharing late this afternoon/early evening. I led the Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour. Andy led the discussion of John 3:16+. I made a comment that hearkened back to the Scripture that we "must be[come] like little children (Matthew 18:3)," and that children love structure...religion provides a structure. If we are to create, many writers, artists, and musicians create by having a structure daily: They write/paint/create music daily. Maybe they only get 20 good days out of a year, but every day they sit down and create...they are like little children in that they have daily structured creative time.

We decided after 6:35 to continue the discussion next week. Maureen and I decided to pick up Karina and dine at the nice Thai restaurant that my friend Debbie likes. Our discussion turned to meeting our life partner. Maureen asked me what was on my list of qualities I was looking for. I listed:

normal BMI
nice
good credit record (in more ways than one)
tolerant and tolerable
similar sense of humor as I
available (geographically and emotionally and otherwise)
[willing to humor me] i.e.--is a "seashell boy"
passionate about at least one thing in life
does not have to be as hypereducated as I

N.B.--I bring to the table what I expect, too. This off-the-top-of-my-head list echoes my original list.

Our discussion turned interesting, and we ended up talking until 10:20pm.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home