List VIII--A Review
So, the girls (Stacy, Regina, and I) talked about relationships over noodle and veggie dishes this afternoon. When pressed to come up with a list of qualities, I quickly rattled off two:
Nice
Available (emotionally, geographically, Literally!)
but slowed down a tad after that. (Perhaps it would have been helpful to have my List VII on hand...
"Does he have to be educated?"
Regina quizzed. I explained that native intelligence/gift/talent is more important.
"Sense of humor,"
Stacy indicated, helpfully.
"He doesn't have to be as high energy as I am,"
I said, thinking---circle/slash on the hi E.
Accepting of me, and acceptable to me (circular reasoning here?)
Tolerant of me and tolerable to me
close to my age (+/- 10 years)
There must be more, but it escapes me now.
~~~
Reliable
Honest
Monogamous
(Okay, I cheated and looked at List VII!
So here I write about what Stacy and Regina call "deal breakers"---and my cousin called preferences, not absolutes.
"I don't have any deal-breakers except those that are unhealthy for me. For example, I have asthma, so I could not be with someone who is a heavy smoker. I also could not be with someone who is a spouse abuser."
My girlfriends found this obvious, but there are people out there who "some of them want to abuse you, [and] some of them want to be abused," as Annie Lennox sang in the Eurythmics song. I am neither of those two kinds of people.
Affinity
"You'll know," Regina and Stacy both intoned.
circle/slash weirdo
List V recounts details of more of my List qualities...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home