Pittsburgh Mayor Bob O'Connor passes away
Bob O'Connor's passing: Post-Gazette article
Bob O'Connor's passing: Tribune-Review Article
Bob O'Connor's passing: WPXI article
This past month, when I lectored and read the prayers of the faithful at Mass, I made a special point of praying for our mayor, Mr. Robert O'Connor. May his spirit find rest and may God be with his family and friends at this difficult time. And may our new mayor, Mr. Luke Ravenstahl, have a good administration.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Bob O'Connor's funeral Mass was held the morning of Thursday 4 September 2006. A caisson carried the casket from Freyvogel Funeral Home to St. Paul Cathedral. Mom and I were among the thousands of people watching from the street. Many people from our building stood on the sidewalks lining the route. I spoke with Daphne Alderson right before she entered the Cathedral to sing. Daphne has a wonderfully expressive lyrical voice, and sang the "Ave Maria" for the family's final Mass for him. His children and his wife delivered eulogies for him. After Mass the caisson bearing the casket made a tour of Pittsburgh. This time of sorrow was followed by a celebration of life he would have enjoyed, a Steeler game opened by his son's starting the Terrible Towel wave.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home