Friday, June 13, 2008

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

After an evening nap, I just completed reading a novel, The Memory Keeper's Daughter. My sister and mom had recommended it to me. The book is based on a premise, a family secret held by a father from the rest of his family. The book unravels slowly, slowly embracing a character study of each of the main characters in the novel. About two-thirds into the book, the weaving of the characters' actions starts to pick up.

I look forward to Kim Edwards' next novel, set in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. That novel keeps a secret hidden from the characters, as well as from the reader of the book.

~~~
early AM, 21 June 2008
It turns out there is a television movie of the book, The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I hope to see the movie sometime this year.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home