Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Meet and Greet Week, Fall 2008

Today was the start of meet and greet week for my classes. It was great fun to meet my Tuesday section, and I had lunch and went to physical therapy after my last student left.
~~~
Physical therapy consisted of bilateral exercises for all my table exercises, then pool exercises for the remainder of my two hours there.
~~~
I mailed Pratima's phone back to her (I found it at my home for her yesterday), after calling her that I had found the phone.
~~~
I attended the Faith Formation meeting tonight and was volunteered for the incipient Fr. Leo Vanyo library, being one of the few librarians that people know. Grace Morrissey was pleased, and happily worked on recruiting me for the job.
~~~~~
3 September 2008, 22:15
I spent from 9am to 4 pm doing meet & greet for two lab sections. Whew! After, I had a simple dinner sandwich, and took a nap before Pastoral Council. We had Fr. Kim join us as a new addition to our meetings. Great discussions, etc.

I received an email from Laurie about the arrest of Amy Goodman, an award-winning journalist at the Republican National Convention. I am appalled and outraged! Arresting the press for covering protests!! UNHEARD OF in a democracy. Whatever happened to protection of First Amendment rights? Shame....
~~~~~
4 September 2008, 22:45
I went to Mass in the morning and ran an errand in Squirrel Hill. I spent the afternoon in meet and greet with my last lab section, then went to physical therapy. In addition to bilateral exercises (concurrent), I also did an additional exercise in the pool: Lunges for 20 seconds. Then it was off to choir practice.

The first choir practice of the season brought most old members back and many new members. We also sang a "Happy Birthday" to Sara. I had a chance to chat with Jennifer H., Alice S., and Donna D. After most every had left, Judi, Don, and I chatted about church policies.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home