Sunday, October 25, 2015

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday-- Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, Weekly Meeting, Cinema- The Intern, Mass of Anniversary of St. Paul Cathedral

Thursday I drove Mom with Dad to her primary care physician's office.  We went to Wendy's for lunch, then to East Liberty/ Bakery Square for supplies.  Dad and I went to Benediction and to the Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.  Great food, fun, and fellowship.  Don said that we could do a musical on the book we all received, Rediscovering Jesus....music by Bob F and production by Alex D. 

Friday was the afternoon meeting of instructors in my sub-department.  No Who concert...but we went to BB's choral and dance concert!  Captured some video, as well.

Saturday I went shopping in Bloomfield, then treated Mom and Dad to lunch at the Chinese/ Japanese buffet on 51 South.  Debbie and I went to the early evening showing of The Intern, with Ann Hathaway and Robert De Niro.  A great intergenerational movie.  We had salted caramel pretzel milkshakes afterwards.  Om nom!

Today (Sunday) was Larry Itliong Day, a Filipino labor organizer in the second half of the Twentieth Century.  He started the grape labor movement in California, which was picked up by Cesar Chavez.  Today was also the Mass of the Anniversary of St. Paul Cathedral, Pittsburgh.  We had tacos for lunch...which were delicious.  Stacy and I went for a walk to the library, and around back to her mom's place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home